Saturday, March 09, 2013

Lent 2013: Day 21 & 22

Lent Day 21: 

Sometimes the face of courage isn't what we'd traditionally think courage would look like.  Sometimes, it's just a small group of people who said, no. We won't let them abuse us, harass us, and intimidate us from living our lives, out and safe.

We can take a lesson from those ordinary people in history, who decided to take extrodinary stands in their lives.  So, we could stand where we are today. Openly. Proudly. Safely.  

For that, I commend and thank you for your courage and bravery.  

Celebrating Women's History Month. 
Celebrating ALL women!

Lent Day 22:

I know how lonely night time is for people with depression. I stopped having best friends, after my best friend told me she didn't want to be friends anymore. Than she killed herself two years later. Best friends don't do that to each other. They don't hide the truth and lie to you, and leave you feeling broken and confused. You think you know someone. You really don't.

True friends love each other even at our worst times. We tell each other what we need to hear, not what we want to hear.

I still considered her my best friend, even after she told me she never wanted to talk to me again.

Shame kills people. Literally and figuratively.


No comments: