Sunday, March 04, 2012

Day 9 & 10: 40 Days & Nights of Lenten Kindness

“The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment, it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.” ~ Orison Swett Marden

Lent Day 9: I went to an Art Opening with my friend and her mother, we carpooled together. It was really nice to support local artist, and go somewhere I've never been before. I also had drinks afterwards with my friend (w/out her mother), and I realized something very important. No matter how my life has turned out, I am happy and blessed. Even if the relationship that I was in which brought me here to Rochester, MN is over; I have experienced amazing moments, met wonderful people, and have created a community I am proud to be part of. My life is pretty awesome, and I am thankful to my ex-partner, for bringing me here.

Lent Day 10: I basically had a meeting in the afternoon -- on a Saturday, mind you -- to talk about future opportunities for GLCS and what we can do to bring awareness in defeating the upcoming MN anti-marriage amendment. I believe that the best things come out of collaboration and respecting other peoples thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm. In the words of Margaret Mead, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

No comments: