Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Day 11 & 12: 40 Days & 40 Nights of Lenten Kindness

"If you look at what you have in life,
You'll always have more.
If you look at what you don't have in life,
You'll never have enough." ~ Oprah Winfrey

Lent Day 11: I'm starting to realize that I really beat myself up around mistakes I make, and things I have no control over. So, I decided today to start valuing the lessons my mistakes are supposed to teach me. I also, came to the conclusion that I also have to be kinder towards others who make mistakes, and I can also learn from their life experiences good, bad, or total WTF moments. This is a good thing.

Lent Day 12: I am very good at offending people, intentionally and unintentionally. I also have a great capacity to admit to when I am, in the wrong. Even though, I hate having to admit to being wrong, but when I am, I am more than willing to correct it and apologize. I had a heated discussion with a colleague, and instead of saying something to lighten the mood, I totally said something offensive. I am always coming from a loving place, but I guess my words can be biting at times. I said, "I was sorry" and I said I was wrong to discount this persons experience and I will do better next time. It did make the situation not so intense. In addition, I also went out of my way to help someone, I really didn't need to or am obligated to help. "...LOVE is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again." It's easy to come from a place of hurt and pain and just react. It's much harder to come from a place of love and do the right thing.

No comments: