Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Lent 2013: Day 17 & 18

Lent Day 17:

A Texas teen has set the example of sportsmanship by unselfishly surrendering the basketball to a developmentally disabled member of the opposing team so he could score a point during a his last game, as a senior.
 


Congratulations Mitchell Marcus! It was also amazing for those students in the audience to witness such a wonderful gift from one student to another.  One act of kindness can go so far, and touch so many.

Lent Day 18:

I sometimes struggle with my role as someone being looked at as a leader or decision maker.  I guess, I am always fighting with the negative messages, I grew up with.  Such as, "I wouldn't amount to much, I was stupid, and a loser." Hearing those words, especially, from the people I love and cared about, who were supposed to love and nurture me back. Those who were supposed to believe in my dreams and support. It sucks. Trust is hard to find in myself, and others.  It's a daily battle.  But, I try everyday, to trust myself, the decisions I make, and the people I choose to have in my life.  Sometimes, for us to be kind towards others, we must first me kind to ourselves.

No comments: