
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." -- Dalai Lama
Lent Day 29: I went to the premier of the film "Bully." I am more committed now than I was before to find ways to end bullying and help young people navigate their life. If I can get the students through high school and in college, I'm hoping that will prove to them that it can get better. I know that we can't just tell kids, "oh, it's going to get better, we promise." We as adults have to make it better, for them. I can stand around after the movie and have conversations with state legislatures about what needs to be done, but what needs to be done is changing an entire culture. There are so many people in the world walking around wounded and angry it's no wonder youth are having such a hard time getting through a school day. I am working on making it better every day!
Lent Day 30: Ten more days till the end of Lent, and it's only getting harder to not eat desserts and be kind to people, or myself. I had a dream about my ex and it upset me, I woke up angry. How can someone who doesn't want anything to do with you, can still affect you in your waking and non-waking life. I guess, I still have some issues I need to work through. I'm trying really hard to heal the broken parts inside of me. It's not easy when I keep thinking someone I loved and spent seven years of my life with can hate me sooo much. I know, I'm a good and kind person, but I have moments when maybe I'm just an asshole. All I can say is, there is alway tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment