“To be alive is to totally and openly participate in the simplicity and elegance of here and now.” – Donald Altman
Lent Day 15: I’m not really sure what to say what I did on this day, but I did do something for myself. Sometimes, I don’t think people take chances because we are afraid of failure. We are afraid of the unknown, we are afraid of change, and we are afraid of getting the answer we don’t want. When I really think about myself, and my theory on life, I realize as long as I don’t have certain expectations, I’m rarely disappointed! In the end, I don’t have to look back on my life wondering, “what if.”
Lent Day 16: Today was Reana’s benefit at the Wicked Moose. I really am thankful for a loving community, the graciousness and humanity of people, and the generosity of strangers. The whole benefit would not have been successful if it wasn’t the time, efforts, and commitment of a small group of people. I think it’s true what they say about Minnesotans, “they do what they do because it’s the right thing to do. In addition, when you are a friend, you are a friend for life!” It’s the same for me. If you’re my friend, you’re my friend for life, even if you don’t want to talk to me, but if you ever decide to pick up the phone and call someone, I won’t hang up on you.

No comments:
Post a Comment