
I am a recovering Catholic, and I practiced Lent growing up. Even after leaving the Catholic church, I still practiced Lent in some way or another. For the past few years, I have been really good at doing something, big or small, for Lent. I usually give up desserts, but I decided to start adding something instead of just taking something away.
Last year, I mailed 40 thank you cards, to 40 different people, and you may have been one of those 40 people who received a thank you card.
This year, I will still give up desserts, but I will also add doing something kind towards myself, and in addition doing a random act of kindness for someone else, for the next 40 days & 40 nights.
Happy Ash Wednesday & beginning of Lent for those who celebrate, and to the ones who don't, Happy 40 days & 40 nights of Random Acts of Kindness!!! :)
"Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return." —Genesis 3:19
No comments:
Post a Comment